Wednesday, June 20, 2007

what the? or, steaming piles of crap

this afternoon i took my poky puppy out for a pee. we made it to the corner where jazz dutifully sniffed the hydrant before i nudged her back towards our house. ten feet away from the corner she took a leak.

behind me, a car pulled up to the intersection and i hear "...after your dog!" it took a second to register but i eventually realized she was yelling at me to pick up after jazz. i turned to look and sure enough she was glaring at me with great ferocity before pulling away.

i dumbly stood on the sidewalk with a plastic bag in my left hand staring after her car and thought, what the ...?

i tried to reason it out in my head while vehemently wishing i had been close enough to the corner to school that woman on two things 1) the pee stance of female dogs and 2) manners. obviously she knows nothing about dogs, especially female ones; the curved back poop hunch is way different from the straight back pee stance. what part of her brain made her scream at me from her car window over something she knows nothing about? i had a bag in my hand. i was more than ready to pick up any solid waste material exiting from my dog's bottom. hell, i have even scraped not so solid waste from the grass. once, after an unexpected dog dump, i asked a stranger across the street if i could have a plastic bag rather than run home for one. i pick up my dog's poop!

maybe that's why this rankles so much. i do pick up! i am a picker upper of the poop!

and another thing, in this neighbourhood, people pick up after their pets. it is not like you see steaming piles of crap on every other lawn. i can't remember the last time i came across some poor, neglected turds. feh! stupid people suck!

(sorry for all the poop talk)

2 comments:

von said...

well lady, I know about poop, and you don't have to apologize fer nuthin'.

Dallas is now 12, and it's only happened to us twice:
- Once in Riverside Park- some old guy screamed at me to pick up my dog's crap after he had passed, and was a safe distance away.
- Once in Salem- some old girl from well across the street.

I replied futiley the first time, "but it's not... she's a ... " and then thought- why the heck am I screaming justifications at morons?

Next time it happens, I'm determined to yell, "it's not shit, it's ICE-CREAM!!" and then, in a nod to their cowardly exits, "you want some??"

Trixie said...

heh. ice cream. nice!

john has also gotten a few comments and a "i'm watching you" stare and finger point from our ward rep of all people as he drove by.

i'll tell him about the ice cream.