Wednesday, February 21, 2007

knit from my what-now?

there is a move in the knitting world to knit from your stash for a few months, for a year, for as long as you can hack it.

it is february and i think i've purchased more yarn in the last two months than i did all last year. so much for knitting from my stash.

there's the mercerized cotton for the kyoto sweater.

the noro cash iroha for the hourglass sweater.

the rowan all seasons cotton i nabbed for $4.15 a ball to make a sweater for baby j.

the two balls of debbie bliss soho on sale for 40% off. it'll make a cute scarf for my SIL.

i'm contemplating going back and getting 6 more balls of the soho for another sweater for baby j. a wool sweater for $36? that's a steal!

i worked on the kyoto sweater last night. i started with the back since it is miles and miles of stocking stitch; better to get it over with. my gauge is working out just peachy keen. no picture because it is just black and boring.

ps. i found the spell check finally. whoopee!

1 comment:

Ms. Hedda said...

Visions of yarn dancing in my head...

I'm too much of rookie to have much of a stash (thought I DO have one). Another reason to visit you: to ogle yours. It sounds like a dirty thing!

Is there such a thing as a yarn-swap? Where knitters get together and bring their stash (or a portion thereof) and tradesies with each other?