Sunday, February 25, 2007

and they call it puppy love

i love my puppers. i really do. but there are certain aspects of dog ownership that maddening and insurmountable. witness: black cotton and jazzie fur.

i have finished the back and have about an inch of the sash done. the double seed stitch was causing much doubt for the first 5 rows. it looked like ass. i was considering frogging and going down a needle size but i'm sticking with it for now. i think patience and double seed stitch go hand in hand. or at least i hope so.

unrelated, we watched the departed last night. my heart was actually pounding in a few spots. nicely drawn out tension. and leo, as much i can't get past him as the skinny kid on growing pains, did a wonderful job portraying a character that was so distraught and conflicted and scared.

5 comments:

Ms. Hedda said...

Have you seen Babel, too? Is The Departed more disturbing? (My mom says so, but she's the only one...)

We haven't seen any of the Oscar flicks beside Little Miss Sunshine (which made me cry like a baby ??), but I have become suddenly squeamish and am afraid to see any too-jolting movies.

I think "The Queen" is next on my list. What a wimp!

Trixie said...

we haven't seen babel. i dunno if i'd call the departed disturbing. it's a movie about gangsters so there are lots of people getting whacked but not in a robert rodriguez way. it was really more about the characters and the building of tension.

Ms. Hedda said...

I think Mom just doesn't like guns.

I do like a good gangster flick. Almost as good as a western. An The Unforgiven/The Departed double-feature might be in the cards!

Ms. Hedda said...

I guess coybows are really just antique gangsters...

Ms. Hedda said...

coybows? That's something else altogether, I think!