Tuesday, June 24, 2008

gang signs

i was just outside chatting with my neighbour when a couple walked by. the guy was wearing the cobblestone sweater. i gawked. i was so tempted to say, that's the cobblestone sweater! but i bit my tongue lest they thing i'm some kind of nut.

i've decided knitters need gang sings to flash at each other.

ps. i am alive but barely. i'm at work right now which explains some of my absence from the blog. lots of work. too much work. far too many evenings spent tucking the wee one into bed and running back the office to get shit done. also, we're addicted to the sorprano's and are currently on season 5. and, sick. been sick for ages. i had a chest x-ray yesterday to rule out pneumonia; i'm still waiting for the results.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Awww, pookie...sorry to hear you're illin' still. (((Trix)))

What if we were to knit cosies for our mailboxes? Tree scarfs? Ours would be a rather festive 'hood, no? And the overwork and undertime thing bites rocks. I will shoot my eyebeams of relaxitude at bossperson, K?

When you get sane, we'll do a Tuesday.

Stickyfingers said...

Knitted mailbox covers! Lynne's got it all worked out . . . I like it!

Get better!

S-BD said...

I must say, you were certainly channelling the Harlot with this post. I agree - we need to make a K with our fingers or something to flash to our fellow-knitters in a crowded room. Either that, or we should have Ravelry pins visible at all times. It's like a gang tat, only less permanent.