Sunday, May 25, 2008

new baby makes us great

the boy's nephew and his wife are having a baby. we're thrilled for them! we've been expecting this announcement for a while since it was clear that they wanted to start a family. the only sad part is that this new little family member will be an ocean away.

my mom came over last night and congratulated me on becoming an aunt. i stared at her trying to figure out what she was talking about. i'm already an aunt. and then i realized that this baby will make me a great aunt. at the grand old age of 33!

(the boy is 10 years older than me and 17 or 18 years younger than his sister. his nephew is 2 years younger than me and i do believe his lovely wife (she's a judge!) is a year older than me.)

great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, brand new grandparents, second cousins, we're all so excited for the new addition to our family.

1 comment:

Ms. Hedda said...

That is so very cool! An excuse to visit Germany perhaps?