Monday, May 11, 2009

i made this!

i get most of my inspiration online and my latest adventure is no different. artisan bread in 5 minutes a day? sign me up! i ordered the book weeks ago and we finally found a weekend to give it a whirl.

5 minutes is a bit of a stretch but i do agree they've taken the fussing out of making bread. mix your ingredients (with a spoon, for only a couple minutes), let it rise. shape it on a peel, let it rest, heat up your stone and with a quick sharp snap of the wrist, you're 30 minutes away from mouth watering goodness.

my first loaf is rather small. it was tricky to grab a large glob of dough. next time i'll be more aggressive. but oh it was tasty. and there's loads of dough left in the fridge, just waiting for its turn on the stone.

we slathered our slices with butter and ginger jam. yum.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I have a breadmaker, but that looks even tastier than what comes out of my machine! I am so intrigued I am seriously tempted to buy the book. Thanks for sharing!!

Trixie said...

we have a breadmaker too but what makes these loaves so tasty is the amazing crust. i never managed to get crust like this in the bread machine.

we've made three loaves now and they were all really good. the bread is dense and hearty. i want to try for more of a baguette on our next go 'round.

let me know how you do!